View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 02:27 AM   #2
7h30n

I bought a PSP a year ago and I have so many titles to play.
Especially good on PSP are Strategy RPGs and other RPGs.

Here is a list of must-haves by genre (I played):

Strategy (including Strategy RPGs):

- Disgaea series (first 2 are remade for PSP, excellent games, I'm still on the first one and I'm not even close to finishing it although I have over 40hours gameplay)

- Final Fantasy Tactics (excellent title remade for PSP with awesome hand-drawn cutscenes although Disgaea is more fun to play this is still recommended)

- Valkyria Chronicles II (one of the best strategy games I've ever played)

- Worms: Battle Islands (hey it's latest portable worms, need I say more)

- Jeanne d'Arc (although I haven't played it I hear it's an awesome game in vein of FF:Tactics and Disgaea)

RPGs:

- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

- Half Minute Hero (excellent parody of grinding JRPGs)

- Final Fantasy 1 & 2 remakes

- Crimson Gem Saga (korean RPG with an excellent turn-based combat system, I'd go as far and say that is the best classicaly made Asian RPG on PSP)

Action titles:

- Syphon Filter series (excellent mix of action and stealth)

- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (there's Portable Ops but you can skip it, I'd go as far and say this is the best MGS after the first title in the series)

- GTA Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories and Chinatown Wars (GTA Stories is more like GTA 3 but Chinatown Wars returns to overhead camera roots packed with arcade fun)

Platforming, Sidescrollers:

- Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (excellent remake)

- Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins (an old ninteno hard classic)

- N+ (although I haven't tried it yet it was nominated for the best PSP game one year)

- Echocrome and its sequel Echoshift (excellent puzzle platformers)

- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (with hidden secret a full sequel - Rondo of Blood)

- Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (it's old skool Castlevania, need I say more)

Upcoming games:

- Valkyria Chronicles III

- Tactics Ogre

- Final Fantasy 4
remake

These are my personal recommendations, you should check out reviews and videos and see if you like them. If you need more recommendations ask away

Last edited by 7h30n; 01-20-2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: adding more to the list