Thread: The Last Crown
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #39
Lermontov

Like most contributors, looking forward greatly to the game. It seems a few people are unsure of the provenance of mythopoesis behind the crowns. It is from a short story by M.R. James called A Warning to the Curious. The opening elucidates on the Saxton crowns: 'one was melted down, one was lost to the encroaching sea and one was buried.' The latter is the one that we attempt to find in The Lost Crown. I suspect the crown lost at sea is what we'll be attempting to find in this next installment. As Boakes has stated that there may be a few games with these protagonists, it wouldn't be above the realms of imagination to imagine the third is to find the crown that was melted down...perhaps remoulded into some other precious artefact! And a game following this, where all three crowns were sought to create some kind of supernatural device. Ah, but I'm getting ahead of myself!!
The immersive nature of TLC made it really stand out IMHO. And so I am excited, not so much by the adventure per se, but the whole idea of being able to explore Saxton once more - especially venturing into places I haven't previously been.