View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 01:12 AM   #12
Dwagginz
The 'Mighty Dragon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
However, my current card is a 9400GT - older than what you had. So if this one is better than a 9800GT, then...
Not really. A 9800GT is simply a rebranded 8800GT, so I kinda guess mine is older :p A HD5670 would be quite a nice boost for you, though.

Fantasysci5; Your CPU isn't bad, so really you just need the extra 1GB of RAM and possibly - if your motherboard is PCI-e (Might require some Googling) - a HD5670, and it also depends on your power supply and if it's capable of running the card. I'd say buy based on what your situation is, really. If you have the funds for a new PC, I would say get one. XP's support is coming to an end next year (I think?) and I'm guessing by the age of your rig you've had it a number of years, so it might be worth buying new just for the sake of ease. Assuming your power supply is fine, you might be looking at less than $150 for the upgrades mentioned - Not sure what it's like in the US for prices, though.