Thread: The Last Crown
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #31
Ag1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbman View Post
Hopefully the voice acting will be exactly the same as before.
Exactly the same? I didn't feel the voice acting was that bad, but there were elements that could be improved imo. I think the recycling of dialogue "Is there any body there...", "Symbolic images or ancient graffiti?"..so many little sentences that repeated over and over kinda spoiled the atmosphere at times, and it was compounded by the fact you couldn't skip dialogue

Re the pauses in sentences, overall I quite liked how the voice actor tried to make the conversations sound realistic, as people do pause as they think of what they're saying and it might have been to increase the atmosphere or the suspense (like telling a hammy ghost story). But I do think it was overdone at times, again especially because you couldn't skip it

The Lost Crown is a game I would like to play again, but even as I played it I knew it would be a one time thing for me, simply because some elements were a chore because you couldn't skip dialogue, and you had to wait for animations to finish before gaining control of your character, and sometimes you couldn't double click to instantly move to the next scene