Thread: The Last Crown
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #16
cbman

This is a tough one. On the one hand I loved the Lost Crown and of course I would love to play a sequel. On the other hand a large part of the appeal was the mysterious atmosphere and the sense of the unknown. The sense of being an outsider in Saxton was a large part of the ambience. Obviously, reusing the location diminishes all of that slightly, even if we are seeing new parts of it. You can't allow Saxton to be cuddly and familiar. It is a problem.

But happilly I think not an insurmountable one as long as Jonathan Boakes brings enough new ideas to the table and doesn't just recycle the format exactly. He has never done that with the Dark fall series so I am optimistic he won't do this with the Last Crown either. Certainly it sounds promising from the gameplay angle. I was quite excited about the (infamous with some) comments he made regarding slightly RPG type elements to the gameplay a while back.

I personally think that doing things slightly differently is a better strategy with this game than doing a Syberia 1 & 2 type story continuation.