View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 03:34 AM   #246
zobraks
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
In the intro Roger locks the door after Eddie's "good advice". But in the very last cut scene when he wakes up again, he grabs the money, his passport and ticket, and runs out of the door without unlocking it.
Hehe, it's a continuity problem. In filmmaking they have a person whose only task is to deal with things like this, but BM was on a tight budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
I have one more nit to pick. I promise it will be the last one.
Hey, nitpicking is what this topic is all about - keep those interesting observations coming! I sincerely hope you'll break that promise.

Speaking of nitpicking: I noticed yet another logic problem in BM: when you light the paper towel (in the toilet) there is some smoke and the fire alarm is set off but you don't expect a fire to rage in a bathroom with hardly anything inflammable except the paper towels and toilet paper. Yet when Eddie wakes up, smells something strange and opens the door of his room, there's awful lot of smoke in the hallway, suggesting the whole place is on fire!

I find it highly improbable that such a great fire (that can devour the whole building) can start in a toilet/bathroom. Perhaps Eddie had some (luxurious and highly inflammable) drapes in that toilet that we didn't notice?

On the other hand, the gas was already leaking (since the chapter three when Roger the roach stopped it burning in a cooker) and filling the bar, so (with all the fire blazing around) the whole joint should have been blown up long before Eddie made it outside and (accordingly) Roger shouldn't have a chance to escape.

Here's my favourite part of Eddie's acting - his panic while escaping: