View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 05:04 AM   #226
7h30n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrisguitar View Post
exactly, mainstream "console" games are so watered down and easy going that putting a game in front of someone who actually has to use their brain is now greeted with frustration rather than excitement.

my sister i know would love these games but she would much rather play doodle jump for an hour than have to bother using her brain.

and having played a few games like enslaved on my brothers ps3 i can now tell you that the challenge of that game is literally non-existent, it is literally just an animated movie that only plays unless you are tapping buttons throughout.

and its one example, but its a sign of where the mainstream game market is going. there is no challenge left, and therefore the is no real feeling of reward left either.
Tell me about it ... I have to persuade my sis to read the texts in Drawn. What's worse, she actually knows and understands what is displayed but simply she doesn't want to tire her brain with reading while playing a game.

Sure, playing games is meant to be fun and it's understandable that game companies try to get their product to most casual people. But still, where did the thought provoking entertainment go?! I was born in '91. Just the time when internet and video games flourished but I still love reading a good book! I can hardly find that in my generation and it's nonexistent in generations after mine...

Last edited by 7h30n; 12-30-2010 at 05:59 AM.