View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #28
donatelli

I've gotta say, the indie Adventure scene fascinates me. This especially, is one of the most ambitious I've seen to date. The story sounds intriguing, the screenshots look PHENOMENAL man, seriously...I'm incredibly impressed by what you've shown so far, and I won't lie; I've been waiting a long time for the isometric view to come back to gaming. I don't know much about the tech you're using, but saw you mentioned sprites -- looks fantastic, and I would love to see more games do it, especially in the adventure scene.

Off-topic on your game but I would do just about anything for a murder-mystery-private-detective-dark-Noir game with a camera angle and graphics as good as this. Keep up the great work, I seriously want to be playing this someday. I'm bookmarking this topic.

Also, you should look into Steam support, they usually like to work with Indie folks, and it's a perfect storefront and if intriguing enough could sell quite well.

**I too was going to suggest researching what the sound designers did for Dead Space, glad you managed to find some stuff. It's a great game to take inspiration from.

One more addition, if you ever need any kind of bug testing help, or just want someone to play it I would love to help it. I gotta say I just read through the whole thread and the videos of Vimeo have me beyond excited.

***I just thought of something that might help you get a decent idea for your approach to the music/ambient sound. There is this sound designer/musician named Lustmord, pretty obscure and not quite that known, but let me suggest taking a listen to some of his work. A lot of it has that eery, sound-in-space, hellish sound and would be a great inspiration I think.

Alright, I'm done adding my two cents, really really can't wait to read/see more man, keep it up!

Last edited by donatelli; 12-22-2010 at 05:57 PM.