View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 01:09 AM   #269
UPtimist
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin The Third View Post
-I actually appreciate the ability to walk but it needs tweaking. The devs need to simply implement the ability to press A when you come upon a hot spot to allow interaction (like the console ports of Syberia). Walking up to an object then bringing up the radial dial and having to scroll around to find the choice to interact with what's right in front of you is a bad design decision. It literally kills the immersion. Keep the radial dial, it works fine as a mouse substitute for players who don’t want to maneuver the characters and will actually make the experience easier for players not as familiar with the genre. But allow those of us who want to walk up to an object and interact with it (ala the recent Monkey Island 2 remake) the ability to do so. Please! I also still think the option to choose to use an entirely classic point and click style also (ala MI 2:SE) would work well.
What I've been fearing the whole time. And since MI2:SE already did the p&c very succesfully, there was no reason they couldn't do it here as an alternative.

Now I have some serious thinking about what to buy this for...