View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #220
seagul

I think it depends on how you interpret what you see.
Are Eddie and Roger acting "normal" when they talk to each other? If you believe this, than you conclude, that they are rude to nearly anybody.
Or are they acting extrem because they are under great pressure? Than they may be kind boys normally.
But we have other moments of their lifes which we can consult to see how they are.
We heard Rogers monolog at the beginning, we read his diary and we know how Eddie behaved in the past.
And to me it seems they are full of selfpity, unable to cope with a bad situation, only seeing what others do wrong to them. They lack even the slittest bit of empathy. They are only interested in themselfes.
And the funny thing is: only by reaching out for the other their situation changes. Only by seeing their little private world from a higher level they become the opportunity to change their situation.
If left alone, Eddie drinks himself homeless and Roger gets himself mad.

The game only shows the transformation of Roger into a more human being. Eddis transformation happened when he was on the bridge, trying to kill himself. Then Angelina spoke to him and gave him hope by reminding him of his son. That was an easy task for her.
The game is mostly about Angelinas much harder task: to give Roger some sympathy for Eddie.
I don't think Roger remembers every thing that happend while he was a cockroach. It is more a subconscious thing.
Oh, it is too late tonight, i beginn to state the obvious.