View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #218
seagul

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
I don't think Roger was bad for not wanting to see the father who had put him into the orphanage. That served Eddie right.
I don't think it either. I said "bad" in the sense of "does not do what mom wants". And behaves like a sorehead.
Quote:
I It seems that Eddie wanted to (finally) meet his son only when his whole life went down the drain/turned to hell .
I love Fiens idea: that he first wanted to kill himself on the bridge and than Angelina spoke to him. Seems logical, now that i come to think of it.
Quote:
I somehow failed to learn from the game that Eddie and Roger hated all people.
I don't think that was the case (specially regarding Eddie), but even if Roger hated people he sure had some good reasons for that - remember the scenes from the orphanage/from his youth?
OK, i exaggerated a tiny bit. But look at their conduct at the beginning of the game: seems to me as if this was an example of their normal behaviour. I think they are very similar: full of selfpity, unable to cope with a bad situation, only seeing what others do wrong to them.
A Wonderful Life - must be on television the next few days - a typical christmas movie. Hhhhhhhmmm. I should watch it. I last saw it when i was a child.

Never thought about the stolen money before. But is it really stolen? If Roger is doing his cockroach research in the rain forest, without the pressure and the indignitys he has to cope with at the university, he spends the money the way it was supposed to be used.
We still did not solve the riddle about where the money came from. Perhaps we really miss something here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
The burned pic and stuff in Roger’s shower is the perfect way to tell the player what happened. Subtle, to the point and even moving. Well, at least for me. .
I loved this scene, too. And many other ways they tell the story. We already stated that the story is not... unique, but i like they way it unfolds and how the riddles are an integral part of the game.
You are right, Fien, about the ending in which Eddie becomes homeless: it seems very fitting. It shows us, what would have happend if Angelina hadn't spoken to Eddie on the bridge: he would have killed himself or become homeless after the bar would been closed. Eddie needed Roger to be saved.
I like the very loopy Roger who lives in the high-security institute for the criminally insane. In some way it is the real Roger. And it shows us, what would have become of Roger without moms (and later on in Mexico Eddies) influence.
I think it is important to play the bad ends, because only by experiencing them we are able to understand that Eddie and Roger needed each other to be whole again. The bad mojo started when they where parted and ended with their reunion. Granted, they both are in some way totally cuckoo. But if they are happy studying cockroaches in the rain forest and mixing drinks for tourists..... so it be.
Fien, you made me laugh out loud when i read about the stupid Patricia Haven who did not even raise an eyebrow.
She is so over the top in her letter. It is really intrusive and repellant. And in some way an insult to Roger.
But writing this i beginn to think that perhaps she wrote to Rogers adress at the university? It is the only thing that makes sense. Roger only moved into Eddies house a short time ago, if i remember well.

Last edited by seagul; 12-19-2010 at 10:14 AM.