View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 02:42 AM   #215
zobraks
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagul View Post
But he could not end it. He tried. He wrote a letter to the orphanage and wanted contact with his son, but bad Roger refused the contact.
I don't think Roger was bad for not wanting to see the father who had put him into the orphanage. That served Eddie right.

Moreover, Eddie didn't try to contact Roger while he was in orphanage/when Roger was a child , he only did so a couple a months before the time the game is set in (when everything went downhill for him - local authorities decided to tear down his bar, CSDoABC suspended his license to serve alcoholic beverages and electric company was about to "terminate gas and electric service"). It seems that Eddie wanted to (finally) meet his son only when his whole life went down the drain/turned to hell .

Roger's attitude was quite predictable and understandable:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Samms
I received a disturbing letter today from an agency that specializes in reuniting adopted children with their biological parents. They claim to have found my father, who now wants to see me. Can you believe that? The nerve of that bastard! After all these years, he's finally ready to see me, he has got to be joking. The last thing I need right now is a relative in my life. Especially my good for nothing son-of-a-bitch father, the man who left me at the lovely St. Francis of ... with sister Mary Theresa as a ever ... (loving?) mother.
I will never forgive him for that, and I refuse to answer the letter.

Quote:
... the look of love / heart Eddie and Roger lack. Both are very selfish and hate everybody
I somehow failed to learn from the game that Eddie and Roger hated all people.
I don't think that was the case (specially regarding Eddie), but even if Roger hated people he sure had some good reasons for that - remember the scenes from the orphanage/from his youth?

Quote:
Hey, i now found out that Bad Mojo is a really heartwarming story!
Yes, it is . Or at least it is supposed to be, depending on how a player feels about it, I guess. The authors said in a chat that one of the main influences on BM was Frank Capra's great film It's a Wonderful Life:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentbox
let's not forget the influence of It's A Wonderful Life on this game. To touch the life of another in a positive and loving way IS the meaning of life in this humble writer's opinion. It is why we exist. Ultimately, Roger Samms realizes the same thing. Sort of.

Last edited by zobraks; 12-19-2010 at 03:26 AM. Reason: more fancy expressions