View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #206
Fien
Senior *female* member

I overreacted to Zobraks. I still feel I didn't do anything to deserve his jokes at my expense, but it was wrong of me to delete my posts. Here are the four endings again. I enjoyed most of the playthrough. Goodbye.

Best ending:
E: What the hell is going on there, Samms?
R: Didn’t you smell the gas?
E: What the hell was that! Hey, hey, where did you get this?
R: That was my mother’s.
E: My God. I gave that to her. Your mother’s? My Angelina?
R: What are you talking about?
E: Look!
R: You... you are my father...?
E: Yeah, I must be.
R: I don’t freakin’ believe it.
E: I don’t believe it either. But how else do we explain this.
R: I don’t know. Let’s get out of here.

Eddie told me about my mom and about the night she died. He felt so bad that he gave me up without even thinking about it. He regretted that all these years. I felt kind of guilty about blowing up his bar, so I took him with me to Mexico. I bought him a little oceanside cantine in Belize where he does pretty well with the tourists. Me? Well, I set up a little lab down here to study roaches in the rain forest. And Eddie and I get along just fine.

Ending with Eddie
Jesus Christ! What the hell was that! That son of a bitch Samms. With all that goddamn scientific crap he has up in his room I know he’s responsible for this. If I ever catch that bastard I’ll kill him!

The fire totally destroyed the bar. My home. This time I really had nothing left. I tried to get a job tending bar but nobody wants an old man scaring their customers away. So now I wander the streets of San Francisco, sleeping in the doorways, panhandling change, thinking about the old days. And Angelina.

Ending with Roger
Hahahahaa.... goodbye Eddie, I hope you enjoy your rent money in hell!

I almost made the plane to Mexico City that night. I was running across the tarmac, waving hundred dollar bills at the pilot when they picked me up. The next day they pulled Eddie’s charred body from the building and then charged me with murder. Of course they didn’t believe my roach story. And now I’m doing 25 to life in the high-security institute for the criminally insane.

Worst ending:
I tried to show Roger that he had a family and I tried to show Eddie that he had something to live for. But I failed. It’s strange how people can be blind to what is right in front of them. Now they are both dead and Eddie’s on the waterfront is gone, bulldozed in the name of urban renewal and progress. On the spot where the bar once stood they built espresso bars and luxury condominiums. Our ghosts haunt those places, forever doomed to roam the spot where our dreams died.