View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #22
Pyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
I like it, but you might wanna dam the music casket volume so it sounds like it's playing in the background, not right beside you (in case it's an ambient soundtrack).

Also, I watched some of your other videos on vimeo: very impressive. The look of some locations and characters reminds me of Dead Space, is that what you're going for?
I'm looking at ways to have the sound be reactive, and actually get louder/softer depending on where the character stands, but the ambiance will definitely be more....ambient.

The main characters initial salvage suit was VERY Dead-Spacey (although it was completely unintentional, and I only noticed after I had done the sprites. ), but the new one is more based on a deep sea diving suit. Im going to be doing a redesign on it tho, refining it a little, and making it more unique.
While I'm not directly referencing Dead Space, I think that Im drawing inspiration from the same sources as that game. My more direct influences are the Aliens movies, and Event Horizon-plus a few other adventure games (The Dig, 7 days a skeptic, ). Sunshine, Pandorum, Lost In Space..hell, basically every movie/game/tv series/comic book with Sci Fi Ghost ships. The story is almost a conspiracy mystery, wrapped in a sci-fi setting.