View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 07:21 AM   #18
Pyke

Tiocfaidh,

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.
The story is something that I think many adventure gamers will enjoy. Im really trying to keep it under wraps, but its going to be more and more difficult when I start to show screens from further on in the game!

Lee in Limbo,

The misfiling is entirely my fault, as I didnt even notice the indie section of the site.
Glad you could take a look tho.

orient

Im trying to design the levels and puzzels in a way to avoid the pixel hunt issues-because I HATE pixel hunting! There may be some pixel hunts in the game, but Im doing my best to avoid them...to make 'obtainable' objects pretty easy to spot and manipulate.

Im a proffessional 3D artist, and have been using MAX since the good ol DOS days. Each level takes about a day to plan out, and a day to build and light.

mtgmaster

Thanks.Its very difficult to release a smaller section of the game with the way the engine works, because everything is linked to everything else. I am working on getting a demo out to some play testers sometime soon, but I will release some videos of certain areas for you guys to see how the game looks in action.

ParagonPlayer,

Thanks mate. Does the 'when its done' answer help? In all seriousness tho, Im going to focus quite heavily on it over these December holidays, so by the end of the holidays I should have quite a good idea of how long it will take to finish.
Right now it will just be a PC release, but there will be support for a MAC version once the PC one is sorted out.

stepurhan,

Perfect. Thanks so much!

SamandMax,

This is a project I have had in mind for a very long time-it wont be going away any time soon!

Vine,

Thanks! Yes, it is a single character game. Originally I had two different characters playing the game in two different times...one was the salvager, and the other was a scientist working on the ship before it was 'abandoned'. The idea was cool, but the dynamics of trying to work out certain things just made my head spin. It also killed some of the mystery of the game out, and really diluted the 'exploration' side of the game-which is something I really wanted to focus on. Basically, as the scientist (who's name incidently was Cameron James. ) you knew everything that the salvager was discovering...and it also made it quite difficult to explain 'how' the salvager knew what the scientist had done. I started to look at genetic memory, and mind control things-but it just made what should have been a very simple aspect to the game unnessesarily complicated! Sorry...Im rambling here!

Captain Maracheck will be a fully fleshed out character. I have written out his back story, moulded a personality which will come through in his voice, accent, and dialog. I think adventure games are fun when you almost get to 'roleplay' as a character in the story. If Roger Wilco, or Guybrush were just avatars, I dont think I would have enjoyed those universes and stories to much!

There will also be fully rendered cinematics, so you will see the captain in more than his 200 pixel high glory.