View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #12
crabapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonax View Post
Also "The Fall" triology from Kheops Studio could be to your likings.
I bought the first and second episodes of The Fall, mostly to help support Kheops. The first was OK as a casual game, though not without its problems (some terribly small fragments of objects to find). At least the gameworld was interesting enough, though small. But the second episode takes place in a deserted office building and I haven't found anything about it that is interesting. The story is just a continuation of the one in the first episode. Since it seems pretty obvious that
Spoiler:
your character is in the hospital hallucinating the whole episode so the game could take place literally anywhere (think of the variety in the game Sanitarium)

I don't know why they didn't choose a more interesting environment for the second episode. I think they tried to make the puzzles more like those in an adventure game, but I haven't run across any really enjoyable puzzle yet. I've gotten so bored with the game I can't find the interest to finish it. If they release the third part of the Trilogy, I'll probably get it, but it would be more to support Kheops than because I have much hope for the game. It's quite a disappointment compared to their past adventure games (which all take place in interesting environments) and the puzzles aren't as good as in Safecracker.