View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #17
Pepe

Send a message via Yahoo to Pepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
Romance stories suck =P
Well that's your opinion and I shall respect that :p Go for Fate/Stay Night then XD Although there is some romance, it doesn't drive the whole story, unlike Clannad.

Back on topic, just one ending left for me to get! I am excited to finish this.

Spoiler:
The "locked safe" ending took me by surprise. I did expect Snake to be in the coffin when I got the coffin ending, but I didn't expect Ace to be the bad guy :O Well, in all honesty, I didn't expect any of them to be the bad guy either way. Santa still confuses me though, and his possible relation with June... Rather, Akane =/

EDIT: Finally finished this game. I quite enjoyed the ending, even if it did somewhat remind me of Ever17 Yet a few questions still remain in my head. Check the spoiler tag to see my thoughts on this.

Spoiler:

1. What happened to Musashidou in the "locked safe" ending? - From the circumstances, it seems that it could only have been clover who could have killed him, since she had both the note and the 0 bracelet with her when Seven found her. Though, for some reason, I find it hard to believe. Furthermore, where would she have kept the body so that Seven and Lotus would not be able to notice it? Although Ace, rather, Hongou was the one that killed him in the true ending, it seems kind of impossible for him to have done it in the alternate ending... So yeah, after seeing the Axe ending as well, I guess Clover is just psycho enough to have been able to do all that shit do Musashidou @_@

2. Who killed Junpei in the Knife ending? - Well not much needs answering here. It was obviously Ace, since he was the only one who could have used a knife (which he got from the 9th Man, Kubota). Or it could have been Clover again.

3. Who killed everyone in the Submarine ending? - This is one that baffles me. The only beings who were shown to not be dead in this ending were Musashidou (unless they accessed door 1 while Junpei and co were in Door 2), and Snake (since he was in the coffin). So either Snake escaped from the Coffin and went crazy (unlikely since he wouldn't really have a reason to do so), or Musashidou escaped the Captain's quarters and went on a killing spree.
I don't remember the murder weapon in this ending, but I think it was a gun. I am lazy to replay the whole thing just to figure this one out xD If it was a gun, then that means the others accessed Door 6 and somehow got hold of the revolver, which would make Snake the more likely killer since he was in the vicinity of Door 6 at the time.

So it's either of those two, unless you count supernatural mumbo jumbo.... Or unless you include ALLICE?

4. What was Akane doing alive in the first place? - Considering Seven's original story of her dying in the incinerator, why was she alive in the first place? For this I have two possible theories:
a) Seven lied. She never really died in the first place. She was able to survive with the help of Junpei 9 years later through the use of the morphogenetic fields. Since Akane knew that Junpei saved her 9 years in the future, she HAD to plan to repeat the Nonary Game, of course with the help of her brother, otherwise, she wouldn'tt have been saved at all! Seven must have been in contact with Santa the whole time, and they talked about how their plan would have gone. He must have even faked the whole Amnesia thing (because if he hadn't had amnesia in the first place, the story would have become very different... and it would be hard, I believe, to force someone to have amnesia!) But why would Seven lie in the first place? So that Junpei would think that she died. Let's say that Seven didn't lie and told Junpei that Akane was alive and well. How would Junpei react upon seeing the machine in the incinerator? I am assuming that, if Seven did not lie, Junpei wouldn't be able to come into contact with Akane from 9 years ago, because he would be missing one of the two aspects required to open the field: danger. Remember the thing about epiphany and danger causing morphogenetic fields to be stronger? Well if Junpei knew that Akane never died, then he would not sense the danger, which would cause him to fail in contacting Akane. This would also cause him to fail in saving Akane, which would have made Seven's original story of Akane burning to an ash the actual truth, which would cause a time paradox, etc etc... In other words, it wouldn't be pretty (Something similar happened [or at least, would have possibly happened] in Ever17 near the ending xD)

b) She was in a different body. Out of all the scientific, philosophical, and psychological theories presented in the game, there is one that never became part of the main plot: Locke's Socks. I was honestly expecting it to appear in one way or another, the same way that ice-9, prospognosis (or whatever way you spell it), and morphogenetic fields had appeared in the story. But no, it was mentioned once in Room 7, then ignored for the rest of the story. Which led me to believe that Akane, who I assume possessed quite powerful control over morphogenetic fields, was controlling the body of "June" 9 years later from 9 years ago. this fits with the Locke's Socks theory perfectly because it would have the mind of Akane, but in a different body (so would she still be Akane?). The idea of mind control through morphogenetic fields was mentioned once in the story, and, as shown in the true ending, that power can easily cross the boundaries of time. So it would seem quite possible that Akane would be powerful enough to control her fake body 9 years later through morphogenetic fields. That, of course, would mean that during the first nonary game, she would have been controlling her own body, her fake body 9 years later, all while viewing Junpei's perspective of the game 9 years later at the same time! I guess she must have been powerful enough to do all that, and more?
Which leaves me to question, if she was controlling a fake body, whose body was it? Was it a random body that Santa found that looked as close as possible to Akane? Or maybe it was ALLICE, fashioned to look like her... That is one part of my second theory which I cannot answer, which leads me to believe my first theory is more likely.

5. ALLICE - Seriously, WTF. I have no theories as to why and how the hell she would have been there, or had even existed at all!

So yeah, all in all, it still made me think quite a lot even after the ending >_<

Last edited by Pepe; 12-03-2010 at 08:39 AM.