View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #182
IndiePhonics
Lurker for 6 years

Finished the morgue chapter. I jotted stuff down as I played so this may not be the most grammatically correct piece of text you've ever read haha. But anyway here are my thoughts:

Is the frozen girl depicting yet again his wife? She is warning him because for her it was too late but she is trying to tell him it's not too late for him? I am still unsure as to weather in the "real world" (whatever that may be because I am still confused about that at the moment) if she is alive or dead.

Flashback about Max threatening to leave the company has become a recurring theme of having to keep him within whatever is going on, either he has developed a new drug but Morgan knew this, wanted him to get the research then kill/do something to him in order to take all the glory? Or he knew too much about the experiments that were going on and was simply disposed of as soon as he was no longer needed.

As for the tree's speech, I wondered if it was meant to represent Max. Even thought he knew Dr Morgan and he were no longer working towards the same goal he knew he had to stay there to save/help the children or general people suffering at Morgan’s hands? This links in with the Mother in chapter two thinking it was helping and saving the children by staying in a foreign place and the circus staying put and still carrying on the show despite nobody coming to see it.

I found the chapter ok, I didn't feel it flowed very well as, in my opinion, each task seemed rather separate. For example it took me AGES to realise I had to use matches inside the particular drawer and also took me a while to notice the pipes. It may have been me missing things but I felt like there was nothing leading you to other clues on the whole. But I didn't dislike the chapter.

The next chapter looks intriguing and just from the small bit I've played I already really like it but again, where has this jump to Aztec's come in Just when you think you are figuring things out the game takes a total left turn and I love it