View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:02 AM   #3
ADan
overall swell guy

I am running a virtual machine software (VMWare) (which is - I take it - not the same as an emulator) on a MacBookPro.

In fact the only reason I have anything Microsoft on my computer is for playing AGs. The advantage of the virtual machine over the 'Bootcamp' is that you don't have to boot anew to access your Mac desktop and you don't need to define a partition on your hard drive. You can use both systems parallel at the same time.

I mounted XP but you can implement any other system you like and even use/import images of existing PCs you might want to continue to use in a more stable environment (Mac).

I didn't have any problems with the adventures I played so far.

This isn't supposed to sound like an advertisement but I must say I never once regretted changing to a Mac.

Of course there's the matter of cost. In addition to your Mac which *is* a bit more expensive than a "regular" PC you'd have to purchase a Microsoft OS and the VMWare.
(It is possible to use an image from an existing and properly licensed Windows; don't know about the legality of that, though. But I'm pretty sure it is legal. It wouldn't make any sense to allow importing an image of your old machine otherwise. The import btw runs automated as far as I can remember ... pure magic ;o).

Hope you'll find a solution that suits you best.

Cheers, Dan.

Last edited by ADan; 11-30-2010 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Additional info