View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 05:29 AM   #64
Fien
Senior *female* member

@Sughly
BM is a terrific game, join us, why don’t you. You can replay The Whispered World anytime.

@Diego
Yes, Eddie’s remark about the “fairy godmother" makes perfect sense if he has read about Roger’s mysterious gift of a million bucks in the paper which we find in the basement. Gamewise that’s the most logical solution. But even so, we don’t know that when we’re watching the intro and it does strike me as strange that Eddie is talking about money he can’t see, Roger could have put it on the bank.

@Zobraks
Thanks for your appealing, even touching marriage proposal. Of course I’ll give it serious consideration, there’s so much in it for me.

I saw a “puzzle” of the bathroom floor in your community playthrough at that other forum. Do you have maps of the other rooms as well?

I didn’t find the game easy at all. For instance, the slug pointed me in the right direction (pills on the radio) but I was running around there forever pushing pills all the way across the radio, because it didn’t occur to me to “turn on” the radio first.

Heard the same clanky sound whenever I entered some of the screens (not all of them) marked as overviews by you, so my conclusion is that the game regards those as overviews as well.

Nice stuff in the bathroom:

The lovely sucking noise when I’m touring the yucky toilet seat. Eddie as a little angel in mom’s message makes me giggle. The visual details in all the hints are great. The text on the bottles in the cabinet, like Gut Balm.

Here comes my nitpicking again. In the cutscene with Eddie taking a leak you can see the article on the noticeboard in front of him, but not the letter about suspending his license to serve alcohol. Totally unimportant, I know.

The message of the silverfish is confusing, it’s too far ahead. As has been mentioned, the burning cigarette is there after the cut scene but you can’t do anything with it yet. I guess it’s natural for the player to think in linear terms of different rooms they gain access to, whereas the developers were obviously thinking more in linear terms of the overall journey, including backtracking. Also, in the mostly non-linear exploration of separate rooms it would be hard to present the player with the right hint at the right time.

What are those 3 sparkling rings doing in the rat’s hole? Just curious.

Forgot to mention that for the first time I saw a fellow roachie being burned on the hot pipe in Eddie’s hovel. Must be one of the 260 screens I missed in my previous playthroughs.

@Zobraks and Pollo
I don’t think Pollo has missed anything. Unless you’re talking about a tiny hint *which can only be recognized as such* much later in the game.

@seagul
Yep, the tail and mouth. They may be obvious to you, but they are also easy to miss.