View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 07:25 AM   #47
Fien
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
I remember having a hard time finding a way down the leg of the gas burner, but I had no trouble finding the "LucasArts symbol" (did you notice how similar these symbols are?) since you must step on it in order to pass the gas burner/water heater.
Yes, you can't avoid stepping on it, but that's exactly the reason I didn't realise the link between the symbol and the messages from other creatures. I vaguely wondered what kind of symbol it was, and when I came across the big gas burner in the next screen I concluded the icon stood for "fire". Call me crazy, but it does look a little like fire!

Quote:
I said (in the CIG) it is important to climb up the protruding objects ("lookouts"). There are (at least) seven of those in the first stage and they don't cover all of the terrain. Here they are:
Those are helpful lookouts but only the first is a real overview of what is to come. If I remember correctly the overviews in the game have only 1 exit, like the one of the kitchen.

Quote:
I'll give you a clue: it's a kind of container and the stuff in it kills you slowly but surely (no, it isn't a roach poison, it kills humans). And it's of a quite aptly named brand.
It still doesn't ring a bell, but that's good, it'll give me something new to look for when we get to Roger's room.