View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #89
ncf1

well i've been an adventure player since Hitchhiker's guide, and I am more or less brutal towards most advnetures, but that only comes about because of waiting for real gems to surface, of which unfortunately few do.

Up to Chapter 4, and here's my thoughts :

graphically, it was a bit of a shock I must say, it felt somewhat more like a budget release, but as a Jane Jenson game you must of course give it a chance. And really, the graphics aren't that bad -- the story is strong, and that is absolutely what counts most. I don't understand this "slow pace" whinge people have going on, it runs at a perfect pace in my opinion. The story so far is just great, you just have to keep playing to find out what happens next and it really gets you in its grip. The soundtrack is repetative but the sound effects are excellent, top notch. No doubt the best adventure game in years, already, and 77 is in my opinion brutal, and really just plain stupid. Its a 90 minimum game at this point already, absolute quality storyline and to say the Longest Journey is better by score is in my opinion deeply insulting. But then again its just one, very uneducated, reviewer.

At this point it gets 90/100 from me and it is a resounding success thusfar and absolutely worthy of purchase.