View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #81
Roper Klacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
My first impression of the game is not altogether positive, I'm sorry to say. That contrived intro in the cheap graphic style of the now so popular casuals! And those non-descript descriptions come straight out of the adverage cookie-cutter adventure: "someone must read a lot" and "the fireplace hasn't been used in ages". The Gabriel Knight games grabbed me from the start, this one doesn't. But it's a Jane Jensen game, so I'm waiting for the story to kick in.
I really enjoyed the static cutscenes, but i understand that it might turn people off.

I also understand your point about the descriptions, but trust me it will get better, the first two chapters are easily the worst , too damn slow, but the third one is great. If you enjoyed GK stories, you will like this one. Sometimes it might feel a bit like Gabriel Knight lite, but its very well written. If you're playing it because of the story you WILL NOT be disapointed, i guarantee you that! :p