View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #76
xxax

Honestly it's a great game. I just finished it. The graphics are fine (honestly i don't understand what's to bitch about, it's an adventure game, not Crysis), I haven't noticed any bugs, or crashes to desktop so in that aspect it's quite polished.

The game starts off a bit slow (althou i was immediately hooked and that's not an easy thing to do) but once the story starts kicking in it's great.

To be honest the puzzles are easy, maybe even a bit too easy. I don't mind since i'm more story oriented, and nothing pisses me off more than being stuck for a long time. I'm not much of a puzzle gamer, so if i get stuck i use a walkthrough, but here i had no problems. I just asked on a forum for help twice and even then it was more pixel hunting then anything else (can be avoided with the use of the space key). There's also a lot of help in the game itself. Locations are lit up if you still need to do something with them and pressing the "P" key brings up the progress bar. So yeah, maybe a tad to easy.

I know some people were really hyped about this game. I wasn't paying much attention so i had no expectations about the game whatsoever and i enjoyed it a lot. I have some pacing issues with the game but that's for some other discussion.

I'd give the game 8/10 looking at it as a story-driven adventure game.

EDIT: It could have been 2 chapters longer i just thought... for story sake... Took me 9 hours to finish and i'm not the most able person in adventure games...

Last edited by xxax; 11-13-2010 at 02:29 PM.