View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #6058
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Most mainstream music is pretty dire, to be honest. I have a lot of hope in a lot of the more alternative modern bands though, a lot of whom are taking cues from bands like Cocteau Twins and other interesting experimentalishy stuff from the past and totally progressing on it. Makes me right happy.
Which is pretty pretty much I almost never pay attention to a lot of music today. Guess I'm getting old and crabby, a large percentage of stuff I have on iPod in my iPhone are from the 80s, including Cocteau Twins and This Mortal Coil.

Hell, even in country music I prefer Patsy Cline over that Taylor Swift girl (she's not pure country but she comes from that seat).

You Belong To Me | Patsy Cline

*swoons*
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien