View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #48
Jatsie
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo View Post
I think this is a game that you need to play with the right expectations. If you go in looking for intricate puzzles and free exploration you will be disappointed. There's only one way to go and there's too much hand holding (Drake's diary) for you to need to do much thinking...
I going to agree with this, the 'adventure' portion of the game is almost non-existent, what few - and already simple - puzzles it has are negated by the instruction to "open your diary" which then instructs you to place the red block on the red pedestal to solve the thing.

Uncharted and its sequel are a bit of a mixed bag; they're good fun games, but so long as you go into them just expecting a simple fluffy experience. They're not going to blow you away; the story is hackneyed, the gameplay is predictable, and there's really nothing that hasn't been done before.

I'm sure I'll be pre-ordering Uncharted 3 once it's announced, but I still can't help but agree with the excellent points Yahtzee makes in his reviews:

Zero Punctuation: Uncharted

Zero Punctuation: Uncharted 2

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena