View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #38
Giles Habibula

I bought a PS3 specifically to play Uncharted after I watched a few Youtube videos. I was not let down. It's great! I then bought Uncharted 2, but am currently deeply mired in an overwhelming PC game backlog, so I don't know when I'll get to it.

I played the first Tomb Raider game back when it first came out in 96 I think. And while there are similarities, I tend to think of both series in completely different ways. The first Tomb Raider was lonely and claustrophobic, while Uncharted was lively, big, and bright. I tend to view games more as atmosphere rather than gameplay mechanics.

The later Tomb Raiders are adapting more of that 'big and bright' feel, so they appeal to me in much different ways than the original did. Not worse; merely different.

The original Tomb Raider will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Anybody play the updated Tomb Raider Anniversary? I bought it, but haven't tried it yet. Is it faithful to the original as far as settings and atmosphere, or did they monkey with all of that?

Anyway, no hate here. The Tomb Raiders and the Uncharteds are all "good stuff". I also enjoyed that 3rd person Indiana Jones game from several years ago (Aw crap, can't locate the game box at the moment, and can't recall the title)--it had a great grab-and-punch mechanic that never got old.