View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 06:45 AM   #1979
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haptsonir View Post
No; the game is mediocre in every way. Except reviews.
I can't fault most of your criticisms with Dragon Age, it is quite repetitious and over long. But while its dialogue may be mediocre and repetitious in presentation (the camera work is often awful and 'samey'), its content is not.

Dragon Age was the first game I've ever played where the conversation isn't one tier deep. It doesn't always stop after one response and there's not always a right/wrong answer.

I have never before played a game where you can criticise, jibe, express remorse and then sympathy all in the one conversation with an NPC. It was quite lamentable that the so called expansion did away with this element and was all the more forgettable for it.

If you can find the right character to drudge through the repetitious elements of Dragon Age its worth it for some of the dialogue if not for the main plot.

For me, it took a lot of mods to enjoy replaying the game. Any efforts to make the game more approachable and cinematic is a plus in my book, I'm looking forward to any and all changes in Dragon Age 2.