View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #1384
JemyM

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Dragon Age: Witch Hunt
I played everything released for Dragon Age this summer, including the expansion and all DLC's except for Darkspawn Chronicles. After that I am willing to let Dragon Age rest. Witch Hunt promises an end to the story, the last chance to play the Warden and get some answers to what happened with one of your companions after Origins.

On the paper, that sounded like a great deal for me. I was surprised to discover that this is the weakest DLC from Bioware I have seen in a long time.

Like the other DLC's you get new companions, but as far as I concern only one of them had any actual depth. At least Dog returns from Origins. The new companions are fully voice acted. I tell you this, because it seems it was the only *new* content in the DLC. Beyond that, Witch Hunt is a complete rehash of old stuff. There isn't a single new area in the entire game. Every area you have seen before, Circle of Magi, a place from the Stone Keeper DLC, an area from Awakenings etc. There i actually a new boss monster but that's it. I have to compare that to Lair of the Shadow Broker that had very little old content, everything made new for the module.

To add insult to injury I actually had to play the DLC twice. Due to a bug, Witch Hunt do not acknowledge the key choices made with your character in Origins unless you import your Origins save game. If you are like me, you of course import your character from Awakenings or Golems of Amgarrak so I got the bug in my first playthrough. Luckily ater finishing With Hunt with my Golems of Amgarrak character on hard, it only took me half an hour to rush it through on easy with my origins character and sucessfully managed to avoid the bug the second time through. Yes, that's how short this DLC is if you know what you are doing.

Considering the lack of content, the major bug, the fact that the DLC feels much like an advertisement for Dragon Age 2 that you payed for, and the extremely short length, Witch Hunt definitely made me a bit fooled to have purchased it without first reading the reviews.