View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #1383
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
...The same cannot be said about the opposition, which is the same old enter-room, foes-pour-in. The foes of the same kind we have seen in earlier games, just with a different name and recolored armor. Well, there are exceptions but I won't spoil them.
Well I will, enough to say I disagree. The cover system may not have vanished (and why would it?) but this time around enemies definitely flank more, coming at you from different directions including from above. Sitting pretty behind a single bit of cover for an entire fight is no longer an option.

There is cover in this DLC designated as 'partial cover'. Anything with a rounded edge will likely not stop incinerate if you get too close to the curve or the cover is too low.

Grunt level enemies all have the annoying flash bangs introduced in Kasumi's mission that also knock you out of cover and they use them all the time.

Quote:
I cannot say that the story or the gameplay had as many surprises as Overlord did, but I can easily put LotSB on 2nd place...
Overlord surprised you? They're both great DLC, and certainly put most of Dragon Age's DLCs to shame (I will try Witch's Hunt next week). I found Shadow Broker to have enough fresh gameplay elements (including Liara as temporary squad mate) to place it ahead of Overlord.

It even has a movie trailer for Blasto the Hanar spectre!

This time around they had Steve Blum again so I may run through to see if just maybe, Grunt is the exception to the silent squad mates.