View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #44
Sughly

Ah well, I caught up already! Had the day off today so I went over to GOG and just got up to chapter 3.

What can I say... loving it so far, definately! I've always heard the game titled mentioned here and there but never paid attention, so I'm glad this playthrough got me into it.

The setup in chapter one is really intriguing. I can't help but think there is some real delusion to all this, but it could just as easily be something akin to the conspiracy theories mentioned earlier as well (what with his discoveries now being hidden as delusions). And yes - that head banging, my god... the sound effect is just cringe-worthy. A nice soft mushy thump

Chapter two was great! The puzzle you listed as taking a while AFGNCAAP... that stumbled me the longest
Spoiler:
I was spending ages trying to replace the rope that one of the kids mentioned was cut from the bell, and that skipping girl had the perfect substitute!

The whole mother thing was just perfectly eery and unsettling. Really loving the dialogue system and the length you get from each child. I like how things become fleshed out as a reward for conversation in a not too overly long way, very well done (such as the Max reveal). While I'm on that topic I'm also loving the cinematics - for such an old game I think they hold up tremendously well! Very impressive. Sad to hear the company died out afterwards...

Ok that's probably enough for now. I have more to add on my thoughts towards character and story, but I'll reserve it until I've read a few posts from others on this chapter...

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance