View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
Legolas813

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

I'm pretty sure the system requirements haven't been announced yet. It has been said, though, that the game is very large and will be on eight double density discs. I'm definitely going to get the digital version.

UPDATE:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.slightly-deranged.com/?page_id=1188
It’s six dual-layer plus one single-layered DVD, and that’s for the full version of the game. With this version you can do a full install that will take about 44GB of drive space, or opt to a partial install of only 6GB, but you will have to shift disks occasionally, but not very often. If you remember, MYST’s RIVEN came on five CDRoms in the days that a 250MB hard drive was a big deal—a 1G hard drive unheard of. Darkstar will also be available in a three-part trilogy series. Part One is on three disks (22G), Part Two is on two disks (14G), and Part Three is on two disks (10G). You must have the previous chapters to play the latter ones.

The reason for the large real estate is that everything is pre-rendered at high quality 800×600 resolution (just between TV resolution and hi-def), with no game engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.slightly-deranged.com/?page_id=1188
The “game” itself will work on both PC and Mac. On PC it will work with XP/Vista/7. On Mac it will work on the most current OSX—it actually will work going back to the G5, but we’ve found a few audio distortions due to Quicktimes interactions with the older OSX that unfortunately we can’t do anything about due to Apple’s design, so it’s best if you have the newer OS and machine. Mine is over a year old and it does great. System requirements are pretty basic—if you can play movies or any kind of game on your computer, you’re probably fine.

We’ll perhaps visit the consoles early next year. We’ve not settled on a publishing partner to port this over to any of the game consoles yet, and we want to get Darkstar out there this year. If the interest is there and we find a good sized audience with this release, consoles will surely follow if the hard-core gamers want it there.

Last edited by Legolas813; 09-05-2010 at 07:23 AM.