View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 11:29 PM   #829
orient

No worries, inm8#2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Excuse me, mister? SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. If there's one thing that the floundering and largely-ignored-by-the-mainstream-media adventure game genre needs, it's more exposure to a new gamers. And that requires it being introduced on platforms other than PC.
Well, I agree wholeheartedly.

I was speaking in reference to the people that have the choice between PC and Xbox360. Of course it's fantastic when new people are exposed to adventures through a console release, but in the case of Gray Matter specifically, it seems apparent to me that it was first conceived as a point & click PC game, developed on PC, then later ported to the Xbox360. So it seems strange to me that anyone would knowingly pick the secondary platform, which is bound to have a less intuitive interface (which has already been talked about as being a big challenge by the developers, and one that lacks a definitive solution).

I know, some people prefer relaxing on a couch as opposed to sitting up in a computer chair, and to those people I apologise. Maybe I shouldn't have been so blunt.

Personally though, I'm proud to be platform agnostic. To be honest, I don't feel it's my mission to spread the word of the adventure game. That's up to the developers, and it starts by making better games. Plain and simple. Hopefully Gray Matter is one of those games that breaks through because of its quality.