View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 08:42 AM   #17
RainbowLight
Typo Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialFreak
It can't be any worse then rides like...
That's what my adrenaline-junkie friend who put me on the Magnum as my first-ever rollercoaster ride said. Except he didn't compare it to a coaster because I hadn't been on one before.

I wouldn't ride the stand-up coaster nor the feet-dangling ones (Mantis and Raptor at Cedar Point) because I didn't want the insecure feeling (after Magnum I was a bit shaken up), and also I was terrified of being upside down, so I wouldn't go on any looping coasters. Until...

Year before last at the county fair, we had this big ride...oh, how can I explain it, I don't remember the name. You're in a circle with 16 seats, 4 on each side, which is hanging from a pendulum. It swings all the way up so you're basically upside down, but it doesn't go all the way around. Well, I had brought my then-8-year-old neighbor to the fair so I'd have someone to ride rides with. (I was 21 then, but I'd babysat her my entire life). She wanted to go on it so bad, so I sat there and watched it. My mom had come along and she was like, are you really sure you can ride that? And I was like yeah, it doesn't go all the way upside down. So we get on it (well not my mom), and the ride starts up and the floor drops away, and it starts swinging us. About 3 swings in, I look up and there, above my head, is the ground. I screamed "Oh S***!!!" at the top of my lungs....my poor little neighbor girl, LOL!! I was okay afterwards, just a little dizzy. So I think I'd be okay on an upside-down ride now, but I don't really want to go trying them out either.

I just read this review of Top Thrill Dragster and my heart was pounding so hard...I think I'd fall into a dead faint at the sight of it, LOL! (Especially at the point where they say the Millenium Force is way down below them!)

Last edited by RainbowLight; 05-10-2004 at 08:58 AM.