View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 10:08 PM   #16
D.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Btw, SerialFreak, I don't know where in .au you're from, but you might find this helpful if you're looking for an enclosed coaster:
http://www.rcdb.com/installationresu...C2%2C8%2C7%2C6

Looks like the only operating enclosed coasters in Australia are Wild Mouse designs. The last one was relocated to a Thai amusement park in 1994.

Also, info on all roller coasters in Australia:

http://www.rcdb.com/treeview.htm?con...63,65,66,68,69
Thanks for the links. I'm located in Brisbane. Which is in the state of Queensland.

I've been on the Eureka Mine Ride and I know of The Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster (Which opened when the first movie was released), but I figured it was a kids ride. As for the Expo one, that finished a long long long long time ago. In fact I can't even remember World Expo Park. It's been redeveloped into South Bank. An inner city beach type place with lots of shops and touristy stuff.

I really want to go on an awesome indoor one. Eureka Mine Ride is pretty cool, but I doubt it's anything like Space Mountain or Revenge of the Mummy. If anything it's probably more comparable to the Matterhorn at Disneyland. They've just closed down a roller coaster at Dreamworld (A major theme park on the Gold Coast) called the Thunderbolt. They've talked about building new attractions there and I'm hoping that they'll put in a cool indoor roller coaster.

There use to be this tame roller coaster in the Myer Centre (A massive Brisbane shopping centre, in the middle of the city.) Maybe it's because I was a kid, but I remembered it being really scary. Probably because it was on the fifth or sixth floor of the shopping center and you could look down to the ground level. That's closed now. They've put in a massive cinema megaplex instead. There's a few rollercoasters in the theme parks around where I live, but they're mostly all similar. That's why my favourite Steel ones are all in American theme parks. They need to build a better variety of coasters. Six Flags: Magic Mountain probably has a larger variety of coasters then all the theme parks in Australia combined.

I'll stop rambling. Thanks again for the links.

Last edited by SerialFreak; 05-09-2004 at 10:47 PM.