Thread: Recent Splurges
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #720
rlpw
Creepy Father Figure

Well I got myself a Palm Pre Plus last week. It's not as big and bulky as the Android and iphone platforms and for $50.00 US it was a great deal.
After I bought the device I read about the deals that were made for buying Palm out due to it's lack of foresight by just making internal changes instead of creating newer phone designs like the other manufacturers were doing. Was fascinated in how Google, Apple, and Blackberry were fighting for this company and then was outsmarted by HP. Palm owns several hundred pattens that are insanely worth a ton of money and were not marketed properly.
Well, That being said I have already put it through the wringer. Thanks to a Palmcentral.net for giving me the tools to write command lines, hack the GUI, and add scripts to this cute device whose only problem is a lack of battery life. Will get a newer battery that will increase the life by 40% as soon as possible.
SCUMMVM works well on it and so do a few other oldies but goodies that I enjoy. Only trouble is I cannot screen capture while a game is running.