View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 12:52 AM   #232
UPtimist
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Flight of the Conchords isn't returning for a third season, unfortunately...
Yeah, and I did get to see the second season on cable (or whatever Canal+ is), though the regular channels still haven't showed it (they did the first) so I'm thinking maybe I'll get to see some more of the same goodness

And one can always hope they'll change their mind

Also, it seems my hopes about the Simpsons were to quick. They're back to really old epsiodes, just after I said that we have new ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Up-Actually, I don't really like Monty Python. *ducks head* I just don't find it as funny as people say it is. The Holy Grail movie was good, but I'm not into it much.
See, you already have Monty Python style comedy in your post, with "duck's head".

anyways, it's a bit of a hit and miss indeed (like, the cartoons are absolutely useless. I think that there was only one where I ever laughed, the rest I just fast forward), but like Hammy said the rest is so worth it. Plus, Michael Palin alone is just really awesome.

But still, even if you don't like that, A Bit of Fry & Laurie is a must! I don't know how popular it was/is in Britain and abroad, but it's just unbelievably funny. I'd dare to even call it as funny/funnier than Monty Python, and especially so if you don't even like Monty Python

And if you can't get it on TV, buy a DVD!

Last edited by UPtimist; 06-24-2010 at 12:58 AM.