View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 01:09 AM   #223
UPtimist
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I've been watching "Keeping Up Appearances" lately. A very funny Britcom, even if it repeats it's inside jokes a little too much. Great characters, and I just found an online forum that's a bunch of very friendl fans. Not as good as here, of course...
'Tis a fun show. Quite popular in Finland, though I don't think it's on right now (it gets reruns quite regularly though).

Though if you like britcom and have seen Monty Python, like everyone should've, you definitely need to get a hold of A Bit of Fry & Laurie. The second-best sketch show I've ever seen!

Right now there's nothing worth watching on TV except comedies. Well, I still haven't watched the last episode of Lost, but that doesn't count (and it should've been a much better show anyways). The ones that aren't reruns are
- 30 Rock
- The Simpsons (finally! we've been watching reruns^8 for years now - the shows actually seems funny now...)
- Chuck (just started a few weeks ago - looking good)
- My Name is Earl (it's alright - there's better, but there's also many much worse)
(Edit: Wait! I just started watching In Treatment a couple weeks ago! So it's not all comedies)

Then reruns:
- Friends (for the millionth time and third in a row but it never gets old!)
- Scrubs (I never watched intensively, so there's always episodes I've missed)
- South Park if there happens to be an episode I've not seen, like right now. It goes on and off on the regular channels and MTV sometimes shows some from a batch of maybe 5 episodes that everyone's seen a billion times.
- Frasier, though they're now showing rerun reruns and so I haven't watched in months. If they ever get to those episodes that I haven't seen since they first aired years ago (on a different channel), I'll get back to it.

I'm sure I missed something. Late evenings/nights tend to go with watching TV, although the not-quite-TiVo-but-something-along-the-lines-to-simplify-things (since that's not something that we have) is quite full right now, specially with the World Cup going on.

What I wish were on (and perhaps will be)
- Flight of the Conchords (one of the best things ever)
- The Big Bang Theory (or whatever it is in English - I was surprised at how good it is, I was expecting something mediocre, back when it first aired a couple years ago)

I wish there were something that could even partially parallel Twin Peaks, but alas, non-comedies always are so relationship drama and teen-plot-oriented that they are absolutely not worth watching. Or then they're just plain dull or depressing or boring. In any case: nothing worth watching - back to comedies! (Except for the Twin Peaks DVD box I have...)

Last edited by UPtimist; 06-23-2010 at 01:19 AM.