View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #43
GarageGothic

I'm not holding my breath until they reveal whether this is based on an existing IP or a brand new one. It worries me that a large part of the success of the Monkey Island remake could be attributed to the nostalgia factor. I'd hate to see them playing it safe with a reboot of some old franchise - or worse yet, another bloody Star Wars game.

Apart from the LucasArts IP's already taken care of by Telltale, the only titles I could see some potential in reviving would be Full Throttle and possibly Zak McKracken, if David Fox was still involved that is. But I'd much rather have them try something totally different - like they did with Grim Fandango and Outlaws.

I'm not sure whether they even have a decent in-house development team any more. Most of their quality titles in recent years, like Knights of the Old Republic and the Lego games, were developed externally, whereas their in-house PS3/Xbox360 versions of the latest Indy game ended up being canceled.

Still, they know marketing and have plenty of money, so maybe LA would be better off sticking to publishing and throwing some of that phat cash at their former colleagues over at Telltale and letting them do what their good at.

Edit: As for "not point-n-click", awesome, provided they find an alternative that doesn't consist of quick-time-events or pushing crates around.

Last edited by GarageGothic; 06-22-2010 at 04:55 PM.