View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #37
Christian IV
Adventure Game Researcher

I have been aware of this for a while. I have been involved in support for some projects to update and upgrade some classic LA titles. LA has taken up the task and we have seen a number of their fine titles re released.

LucasArts is like any game development company a sum of both the past and the present in terms of staff, vision, resources and titles..and the future is based on both. I am very excited about this and other moves that LA has been making including re releasing some of the classics upgraded for modern systems. They are been taking careful steps to study and learn about the current feeling for adventure games, as many of us know the public and the fans for Adventure games have never gone away, just some of the marketeers and the minions who try to direct things to their own likes and dislikes took over the control of new development for some ten years and we have seen an unending stream of terrible and abysmal junk games full of violence, anger and hyperactivity cloaked in Next Gen graphics and bells and whistles.

The creators and originators of some of the best LA series are still around and still easily available to help, and I have no doubt they have already been part of some of it.

Well LA is not stupid, they are good people with good intentions, and have some of the strongest IP in the game universe with the Star Wars franchise and the other series they have developed. I have total confidence in them for the promise of the future. We all know that adventure games are one of the strongest directions for games and always has been.

I look forward to continued developments.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs