Thread: Black Mirror 2
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #144
Toops144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owskie View Post
The story is amazing, and sure while you may start off doing typical day to day things, thats how life is, and thats when unexpected things happen. It doesn't take long for the epic story to pull you into it anyways. Things go downhill very quick. There are dramatic moments and suspenseful events I haven't experienced in a video game in a long time, and the amazing voice acting made me care about the characters and their involvement.

It's a little ironic that I hated the first Black Mirror game, I thought it was a pefect example of what an adventure game should not be.

While this game does have polish, thats not why I enjoyed it. It reminded my why I love adventure games again
Not wanting to sound like the eternal pessimist, there were many moments in BM2 that reminded me of the first two Broken Sword games. I cannot put my finger on it but it started when:

Spoiler:
he first went to the hotel to meet his sister.

It was the scene that did it.

Apart from that I was never gripped. The ending was 'forced'.
Indeed for what I managed to get out of the first game (I was unable to complete it) I enjoyed the first game far more. But that's my opinion.

Yes the voice acting left a lot to be desired as was the running too and fro, but there are far worse examples out there. Try Sinking Island for one where running around a huge hotel and surrounding area becomes a chore in itself and a second job.