Thread: Black Mirror 2
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #102
millenia
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbman View Post
I don't think that's fine at all. Who wants to do menial tasks before they can get started!? It reminds me of NIBIRU and all of the messing around getting forms filled in and other mundane tasks for the first few hours of the game.

Sounds like this has all of the usual Unknown Identity / Future Games foibles.
To me it just adds reality. You are supposed to be a regular guy having a regular day. Then something happens. The fact that I do a couple of regular things instead of getting thrown into the action the very first second is not by any means a bad thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but fixing a fuse box and getting a package is not really hours of mundane tasks. Especially when you are at the same time getting to know the people and the surroundings of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana Cherin View Post
There is everything wrong with that. If you don't complain about this dumb-it-down pandering, you've really opened the door to allowing for all kinds of mediocrity. And it manifests, as you see, throughout.

There is just nothing about this "game" that is anything but a good example of a bad (and ever-worsening) trend.
So first you attack people that enjoy easy games and then you complain that you aren't allowed to express your opinion? Kinda funny.

I don't really get why some people are mad about easy games. Lots of people enjoy easy games, why should they all be extremely hard to please some elitist group? Easy game does not equal bad game and hard game certainly does not equal good game. I play for the story and if the game isn't so stupid it rubs it in your face the whole time I rarely get turned off by it being easy. I don't understand why I couldn't enjoy easy games, think of me and others like me as some stupid sheep then if you like, if it makes your day better.