Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 07:57 AM   #3151
Intense Degree
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Do you know someone who is in constant pain?
2. Do you know someone with a serious physical handicap?
3. Do you know someone who is about to die?
1. Not constant pain but a couple of people who are in pain of some kind most days, it must be very hard for them and it's certainly no fun watching them suffer.

2. My father in law is in a wheelchair but can walk very short distances. Children are the best, when they see him climb out of the wheelchair and hobble a couple of feet to a chair, the looks on their faces are like they think he is suddenly cured or maybe just pretending!

3. My mother in law was rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack this weekend. Luckily we were fairly nearby and rushed to the hospital. After a nervous wait whilst the paramedics were with her (felt like a lifetime) we got in to see her and she is OK. However, during the wait, Mrs. Degree really thought her mother might die and was shaking and dazed even given her wonderful British self control! I was in turmoil, trying to comfort Mrs Degree whilst feeling completely useless as there was nothing I could do except pray. Emotional insanity over about 3 hours but a happy ending!

1. When was the last time you took a day off work/school due to illness and what was wrong with you? Or are you the sort of person who soldiers on through adversity generously sharing your germs with your workmates?!

2. Have you ever taken a day off work/school pretending to be ill and why?

3. Do you know someone who is about to be born? Or I suppose someone who is about to give birth?