View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #418
ADan
overall swell guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Yeah? So PROVE it's a children's game. PROVE that children were the target group (and adults are allowed to play too). You cannot. Because it is not true.
What does this mean? I don't have to prove anything. It's just that I - personally - read the whole storyline as one of a children's story. So What?

The whole Harry Potter series (the books) is directed first and foremost at children. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy all of them (as books, audiobooks and movies (don't know about the games)) repeatedly.

I thought I made it quite clear that I think all ages can play TWW and get a thrill of it.
I certainly don't want to turn away anyone from playing the game. There is this demo out and I recommend everyone to give it a try. You'll know if you want to play it or not.

Maybe all becomes a little clearer if I tell you that I even believe that the original Monkey Island Adventures are children's/ youth games.

I also mentioned (on the review thread for TWW) that TWW has won the German Video Games award in the category of best youth game.

Mind you, I am not trying to prove anything here. But this is as close as I can get . I *never* claimed that it is marketed as a children's game or anything. Let's just say that it can be a great family experience like it obviously is for Sughly and his / her son.
And very much like the Harry Potter series or the Inkworld series it can be shared throughout and between different generations.

Hope things are clearer now, cheers, Dan.