View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #41
imisssunwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post
Second: AGs don't pose intellectual challenges? I'm gonna answer you in a minute, first let me pick up my jaw from the floor and recover from my near fatal heart attack. Okay, ready now: That's exactly what they do! While other types of games pose challenge through skill. AGs pose challenges through intelligence. Posing intellectual challenges is what they're al about!
My honest opinion is that they don't. They pose as much challenge as a Prince of Persia game does with real time puzzles. Sure the "system requirements" include a human player with functional brain but nothing beyond that.

Also, other games don't require much skill either, been hearing this thing in WoW for many years. Well, I was in one of the EU-side top guilds for quite awhile, skill at what? at pushing buttons? it's just a video game, people play it as long as they have fun and that's what it's designed to give, some hours of fun.

Video Games are not Poincare's conjecture nor quantum gravity nor do they require reflexes that f16 pilots have. They're just games, I really fail to see any skill or intellectual challenges in them, they're a medium for entertainment and that's what they provide.