View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 03:28 PM   #20
ConcreteRancor
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens

SerialFreak

Hey, the PC version wasn't that bad at all! If you're talking about the controls, I had very few problems whatsoever. The only annoyance was the camera, and even then it's a problem on the consoles as well, the developers' fault. I remapped all the keys and was fine. Sadly, however, it didn't allow for hotkeys for weapons and items. But then neither did the console versions.
What passes for excellent games on consoles will often be considered poor to mediocre for PC games. Best evidence I've found in the past:

Goldeneye (N64): Considered one of the best N64 games ever released. But compared to PC games at the same time, it wasn't that hot. I mean, you couldn't even JUMP.

Halo (Xbox): Probably the most commonly played game on campus where I go to school. I hear my friends with Xboxes talk about their intense 4-player deathmatches, and I'll cut in with: "Sounds good. I played a 16-on-16 CTF game on Gyrophobia, where I had an intense 2-on-2 Banshee dogfight. You ever done that? Oh, wait, I forgot, you have the CONSOLE version."

Half-Life: Released for PS2 YEARS after it was on the PC. I remember reading an article reviewing it in a PS2 magazine, saying how it was an absolutely amazing game, one of the best, etc. And I thought: "Good for you. I bought that game 3 years ago."

In conclusion, not only do excellent console games pale in comparison to their equivalent PC games, excellent PC games will just blow away the console crowd.

But then, the only console I've ever owned was one of the original Gameboys. So maybe I'm biased.