View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 05:35 AM   #19
RxBandits123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
There is a fatigue starting to settle in among many gamers with regards to First-Person Shooters. These gamers that are getting bored with FPS are looking for new and interesting kinds of games to play. This is where AGs can step into, but only if they embrace 3D.
Thats what happened to me in 2006 and then Dreamfall, Indigo Prophecy, and Beyond Good and Evil helped slowly turn my focus from FPS to more adventure gameplay. I guess you could throw in Blade Runner too because that was the only adventure game I played in the 90s (i didn't even realize it was an adventure game at the time).

I cant deny the appeal of all three of those titles i listed being games in 3D and comparable to other genres at the time of release. But as someone that was an avid halo gamer I would trade in one hundred halo type titles just to have dreamfall chapters or anything TLJ related.

But Im a rare type of gamer so I do see it being somewhat wishful thinking to see an adventure game trend coming any time soon from fps gamers. It was a 2 year transition period before I really started to play adventure games so It most likely wont happen over night.

Recently finished or playing: Sam and Max episode 2, Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake, Fallout 3, Alpha Protocal.