View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #4
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ince View Post
You make it sound so simple...
Well, Steve, it seems we're going with the "if money were no object at all" mode here. We know it's never gonna happen any time soon, but it's at least nice to daydream.

Quote:
I'm sure that a lot of adventure developers would love to use these engines, but the cost of the engine alone would probably be more than the total budget for most adventure games. I couldn't begin to think about the cost of putting a game together in a way that does the engine justice.
I'm wondering that if many adventure game developers had chosen to embrace real time 3D at its advent (late 90s), along with progressive and even innovative game design, and most emphatically more aggressive marketing, and joyously kept at it, the adventure game genre today would be at a level where developers can actually afford to license top of the line graphics engines or create their own engine from scratch. Hmmm, I do wonder...
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 04-25-2010 at 11:28 PM.