Thread: Black Mirror 2
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #75
Jehane

I pretty much agree with Kuze on the ending of the game. Overall, I liked BM2 very much even though it's not as good as the first game - it lacks the moody, brooding atmosphere, and I had expected to be able to explore Black Mirror Castle a little further. There are some great twistings towards the end that left me open-mouthed. However, the ending itself was a let-down. When the final sequence started playing, at first I was dumbstruck. Then I started to curse and swear because I refused to believe that *this* was actually how it's supposed to end. However, there's supposed to be another sequel; at least there's a hint to another sequel after the credits

As for Darren: Yes, he's arrogant and smart-ass but I rather liked him. Pretty much like Samuel, really, who's not the nicest person either. But I like characters that have an edge to them, that are not too nice. However, character design could have been a little better. The puzzles, on the other hand, are quite ok - not too difficult but not too easy either.

The only thing that really bothered me: The game wouldn't play on my computer. Apparently, the German publisher used a copy protect programme (ProtectDisc) that doesn't agree with my DVD-device so I had to install and play the game on my boyfriend's computer.