View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 03:22 PM   #9
RockNFknRoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post
Don't know if you liked BS3? If you did I can recommend Secret Files 1 & 2. Really a lot like BS3 and lots and lots of fun(at least I thought so)

I can also recommend "Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life" another great historic/conspiracy installment. Linking pirate treasures to the mystery of the Mary Celeste all the way to the mystical fountain of youth. May not be as great as Broken Sword but still a lot of fun.

Oh and though I haven't played GK2 I have played the first and third installment in that series. And especially the third one I can recommend. Linking the sacred bloodline and the templars to vampires and many more. It's like "The Davinchi Code" but way better!
Chronicles of Mystery got 2.5 stars on this site? I'm taking it you disagree? I'm never sure what to make of the reviews here. I love a good historical conspiracy game.

And yes yes yes to Gabriel Knight, threadstarter. Those should be your launching point.

Other nice historical games are the Sherlock Holmes ones. Though they're not as much conspiratorial.

Kheops makes some fun ones too.